Source: MRS 2020
MRS: 778 — Sandwiches (700s)
Meal Component Contribution:
2 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate, 2 oz. eq. whole grains
Number of Portions: 100 Size of Portion: 1 hot dog and bun
Recipe HACCP Process: #2 - Same day service
- Meat/Meat Alternate
- Whole Grains
MEASURE (FOR 100 SERVINGS)
Buns, Hot Dog, WGR, #1227
To steam frankfurters:
- Place 50 thawed frankfurters in perforated steamtable pans.
- Steam for 2 - 4 minutes. (If using solid steamtable pans, additional cooking may be required.)
To boil frankfurters:
- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil.
- Place 50 thawed frankfurters in boiling water.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
CCP: Internal temperature must reach 140 degrees F or higher for 15 seconds.
HOT DOG ASSEMBLY METHODS:
To assemble from serving line:
- Stand hot dog buns in half-size steamtable pan (12" x 10" x 4").
- Place heated frankfurters in half-size steamtable pan (12" x 10" x 4").
- Serve immediately or cover with aluminum foil wrap and place in warmer until ready for service.
To serve already assembled:
- Open hot dog buns and place cooked frankfurters in buns.
- Place hot dogs in steamtable pans (12' x 20" x 2 1/2") lined with pan liners.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Cut holes in aluminum foil and place in warmer until ready for service.
CCP: Hold and maintain product at a minimum temperature of 135 degrees F. Check temperature every 30 minutes.
Portion 1 hot dog and bun per serving. Each portion provides 2 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate and 2 oz. eq. whole grains.
CCP: Hold and maintain product at a minimum temperature of 135 degrees F. Check temperature every 30 minutes. Discard any leftovers.
Hot dogs may be wrapped in sandwich aluminum foil for service.
Nutrients Per Serving
Your PDF is being prepared for export…
There was a problem generating your PDF, please try again.