Source: MRS 2022
MRS: 4230 — Sandwiches (4000s)
Meal Component Contribution:
2 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate, 2 oz. eq. whole grains
Number of Portions: 100 Size of Portion: 1 hot dog and bun
Recipe HACCP Process: #2 - Same day service
- Meat/Meat Alternate
- Whole Grains
MEASURE (FOR 100 SERVINGS)
Buns, Hot Dog, WGR, #1227
To steam frankfurters:
- Place thawed frankfurters in perforated steamtable pans.
- Steam them for 2 - 4 minutes. (If using solid steamtable pans, additional cooking may be required.)
To boil frankfurters:
- Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil.
- Place 50 thawed frankfurters in boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to simmer. Then simmer the hot dogs for 10 minutes.
- Drain the liquid and transfer the frankfurters to steamtable pans for service.
CCP: Heat to 135 degrees F or higher for at least 15 seconds at the completion of the cooking process. If the manufacturer instructions on the package or case have a higher temperature, follow those recommendations.
HOT DOG ASSEMBLY METHODS:
To assemble from serving line:
- Place the hot dog buns in half-size steamtable pan (12" x 10" x 4").
- Place heated frankfurters in half-size steamtable pan (12" x 10" x 4").
- Open the hot dog buns and place cook frankfurters in the buns.
- Sandwiches may also be wrapped in deli paper, waxed paper, foil sheets, plastic wrap or placed in sandwich bags.
- Serve immediately, or cover the pan with lid, foil or plastic wrap. If foil or plastic wrap is used, cut holes in it to allow steam to escape. Place the pan in warmer until ready for service.
To serve already assembled:
Open hot dog buns and place cooked frankfurters in buns.
Place hot dogs in steamtable pans (12' x 20" x 2½") lined with pan liners.
Sandwiches may also be wrapped in deli paper, waxed paper, foil sheets, plastic wrap or placed in sandwich bags.
Serve immediately, or cover the pan with lid, foil or plastic wrap. If foil or plastic wrap is used, cut holes in it to allow steam to escape. Place the pan in warmer until ready for service.
CCP: Hold and maintain product at a minimum temperature of 135 degrees F. Check temperature every 30 minutes.
Portion 1 hot dog and bun per serving. Each portion provides 2 oz. eq. meat/meat alternate and 2 oz. eq. whole grains.
CCP: Hold and maintain the product at a minimum temperature of 135 degrees F or higher. Check temperature every 30 minutes. Unassembled leftovers should be covered, labeled, and dated. Quick chill within 2 hours to 70 degrees F or lower and from 70 to 41 degrees F or lower within an
additional 4 hours. Leftover assembled sandwiches do not have good quality when reheated. For best quality, assembled sandwiches should be discarded.
Have condiments available for selection by students. Condiments have not been included in this nutrient analysis – remember to include them in the weekly menu nutrient analysis.
Nutrients Per Serving
Your PDF is being prepared for export…
There was a problem generating your PDF, please try again.